Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Daily (W)Rite February WK o2

The Daily (W)Rite
wk o2
Wednesday, February 11, 2o15
Sorry that it took so long to get back to the blog. I know how my "readers" miss me when I'm not here . . . on the page. But I went out of Town for the weekend. Yep! Went out to Tulsa to visit my friend Kimm. It felt good to get away from Norman for awhile . . . well, not really away from Norman, but more like me getting away from the rut I've developed since I moved to my dear NT. In Tulsa I got to sleep just after midnight, AND I got to sleep in a real bed not on a couch like I'm use to at home. AND I was up and out of bed (bed! I love that word!) by 7:30AM!
 
Did a lot of fun things. Friday night we went downtown to the " Art Crawl" and met some friends. Well, Rick and his girlfriend and her best friend met us there.  Of course, I knew Rick but I hadn't met Sharon and Leah! And I finally met Clare who I had met on Facebook! It was a fun night of laughing and roaming around the streets of Tulsa and visiting all the different art galleries. This may sound sort of strange but I felt my life change. I know that's weird, but I felt a freedom in my soul, freedom from the old man attitude I've developed over the years. It was fun to get away from the day-in, day-out routine I had gotten into. I mean, all I've done for the last two years has been to wake up, watch TV, eat and go back to bed at some ungodly hour. Over and Over again. Spending time in Tulsa with Kimm and her friends made me realize . . . I got a lot more life to live. I just need to decide to live it. {smile}

5:14pm

There's a small pond by Kimm's house. The dog needed walking, and I was game. Though my COPD was acting up a bit, I made an effort to get around the pond without stopping, and I got a few good shots of the geese living there. The dog started limping when we were on are way home. Kimm picked him up carried  her home. And I was wishing there was someone who could carry me!

Friday, February  2015  
FRIDAY the 13TH
Yep! It's that day again, and this year we get two more! Jason must be very happy. I don't really celebrate Friday the 13th, and I really don't know anyone who does. Sure, there maybe someone, somewhere who goes all out on Fri-13, but I never met them. The most I have ever done to celebrate this day was to treat myself to a Friday the 13th movie festival . . . I got through three of them before I got tired of it. Sorry. I think I appreciate the idea of the movies more these days than the actual movies. I mean, het, Jason IS an iconic figure. Totally cool hockey mask wielding psycho . . . or is he supernatural! Woohhhhhha!
 
David just called! He slept in till 4:30pm! I worry that about that guy. But we are going to Art Walk so I gotta get a move on! Talk to you later.
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment