Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Daily {W}rite September 2018 wk o4

Missed the third week of this blog month. Sigh. Tonight I am friendless. May well be friendless for a few years . . . maybe. I do like people. It's not that. It's mostly that there are moments when they don't seem to like me. I make them mad. Usually I don't know what it is I'm doing that makes them mad. I only find out that I'm doing something "wrong" when they're already angry with me. A friend of David's let me know that she had unfriended me on Facebook. Being totally honest I didn't even notice. But she animate about telling me all about my Facebook sin: You put my name on my picture and put it on Facebook. I don't want people seeing how old I am. Well, okay, I guess. I mean she could have just told me NOT to take her picture? And her "husband" is some kind of great poet from some country, and one night out of the blue he starts telling that Bob Dylan is a terrible song writer because he's not a "revolutionary!" Sigh. I don't know why people feel so damn full of themselves that they think that saying this bullshit to me is really an okay thing to do. Maybe it should be. Maybe I shouldn't care what people say about me to me and not behind my back . . . but in front of my back.

3:21am
So, I also got hooked up on this Facebook/poetry site. And it was pretty good for awhile but the guy running it was a bit pretentious and really, really in love with his own work and rather dismissive of mine. I got to the point where I was spending a lot of time reading and critiquing other poets' work and none were commenting on my poems. So, I quite it. Left a little disgruntled note on the poem no one thought worthy of their masterful critiquing skills: Hmm. Not ONE single comment on my poem? Hmm. And then I just "un-joined" the group and that was that. Here's the poem that they dissed.

Love Massacre 
I beg her shadow to get off the bed, “Come,
the couch is large enough for both of us.”
This only makes her frown. For couches,
of course, where made for sitting on,
watching TV, snuggling a bit, perhaps,
but sleeping? No never. Our dreams 
would get stuck between the cushions
and we'd never find them buried in that nether land
amongst the ghostly quarters, dimes and pennies,
the stale popcorn SHE flings into the air
each time we watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 
We’ve seen that movie a gazillion times.  
SHE always jumps when ol’ Leatherface’s 
chainsaw roars to life. And always SHE turns 
her head and drills her perfect, little nose into my neck— 
a trick SHE picked up from the dog.
Stuck its wet snout deep inside a half-eaten
bag of munchies I left unattended on said couch
one time . . . potato chip corpses all over the place.
Good company, I suppose, for all the other nasties 
sleeping the sleep of misplaced garbage death. 
Ol’ Leatherface’s chainsaw screams, 
the sexy blond actress he chases screams, 
SHE screams and dog harmonizes with her
in a loud, mournful howl. I’m giggling 
‘cause her pile-driving nose tickles. I’m 
laughing out loud ‘cause I can’t believe
How much I love this big wussy of a woman.
Woodie o9-08-13

2:01pm
It's been raining constantly since around midnight, I think. Now, in the soothing warmth of the afternoon the rain appears to be slacking off a bit. Still steady, but not as frantic of a rain as it had been. I'm not all that into the rain today. Yes, it is beautiful and I'm pretty sure that the Duck Pond really needs something wet to revive its muddy shores, but I have things to do and the rain gets in the way of me getting anything accomplished that requires me going outside. 

5:10pm
Boy, the writing program inside my head is working overtime. I've written so much today on this blog. It could well be that my quitting nicotine has given me a new energy and ability to focus. You know I've been addicted to nicotine since 12 years old! 58 years ago I started smoking, and I got hooked on nicotine ,and three days ago  . . . I quit. Yep. Two nights my body was tingling, I got way light-headed and a passed out a couple of times . . . well, I feel asleep a lot during the first two days . . . but now? I still feel a bit of a tingle in the arms, and now and then I still get up to get a tab of nicotine gum. But overall, I think I'm done with nicotine. I know I'll never go back to it or smoking, never again.

FRIday, September 28, 2o18
Me and David seem to be back in friendship mode. Don't need to go into particulars. It's enough to just say . . . we're friends again.  {smiles} Anyway, I'm getting out on the bicycle a bit. Getting the exercise I need to basically keep my heart pumping, my muscles ready to receive the energy my heart generates. I found a new Facebook poetry page and decided to try it out. The last one I was on? I don't know. I wasn't feeling extremely comfortable on there. I don't know. One of the hosts seemed to be a bit fanatical, a bit the tyrant about poetry and how to write it, and the right way to write was, of course, the way the despot host wrote poetry. Plus, I was commenting on at least three poems (from other poets) for every single poem I posted. And mostly? No one was commenting on my poems. I felt a bit neglected. 

SUNday, September 30, 2o18
Well, the last day in September which means I start my Halloween count down TODAY! If you know me at all, you know I'm a Halloween freak! Yes, it's my second favorite, annual celebration. What is my first favorite? Why my birthday, of course. And that's why I've been advocating changing my birthday to October 31st so I could celebrate both my birthday AND Halloween on the same day!

4:31pm
I want write a bit more before I put this week, this month's blog to bed and let my readers (imaginary or real) "enjoy" my latest rants and poems and  . . . other things. {smile} Maybe a poem will finish this month off nicely. P.S. if the art/poetry is too small to read, click on the pic. 











No comments:

Post a Comment