Monday, October 1, 2018

The Daily {W}rite October 2018 wk o1


Yes! The first day of October . . . or should I say the first day of the first week of  . . . HALLOWEEN! Because I along with a lot of other Hallo-Weeners start celebrating our beloved holiday on the very first day of October! Maybe not so much as a kid. I always thought that the parents were more begrudgingly enthusiastic  than flat out wonder for the holiday, and they tolerated it more than they celebrated it . . . AND they preferred to keep the Whoop-Dee-Doo down to just one night, if you don't mind.  And we kids acquiesced  to their demands of one day of Halloween . . . But now? NOW we are the grown-ups, we where the proverbial pants of authority  and WE declare the WHOLE of October to be HALLOWEEN! {BIG smile}

TUEsday, October o2, 2o18
"Sometimes, while cleaning my mouth, it accidently goes off. Apologies." Yeah, that happens to me a lot. The mouth goes on automatic pilot and says what it wants to say and . . . I get into a lot of trouble. Example? Someone on Facebook posted a Facebook joke that said something about Facebook denying certain people access to Facebook if they are considered ugly. And I commented with . . .

There's an old Abbott and Costello routine:
Lou: my mother always told me not to marry a beautiful girl because she'll always run away.
Bud: But wouldn't an ugly girl run away?
Lou: Yeah, but who'd care?

So, I gotta a lot of flak for that! Lots of angry responses saying basically what I said was "antiwomen" and inappropriate considering the things that are going on right now in politics. I didn't try to defend myself because the comments were right on. BUT I will say I didn't write that comment in support of the antiwomen sentiment we find within our American consciousness, but as an example of it. But I didn't explain myself because . . . I should have explained myself WHEN I originally posted the comment.

6:19pm
Oh, boy! Okay, left the apartment around 2pm. Was just going to go up to the little store on 12th St. & Lindsey St.  . . . but decided I wanted Panda Garden for lunch . . . and that would take me closer to Walmart, which has movies . . . which I might want to buy a movie . . . Anyway, the bicycle ride to the PG was uneventful. Good ride. A slow ride but a good ride. My legs did well, my lungs? Not a huff or a puff. After the PG, I rode over to Walmart . . . passed the new Chicken-fil-A that the workers are just starting to build . . . good . . . a new store to protest! So, got fruits and veggies, a piece of salmon (cheap) and a couple of small steaks . . . AND gum. No, not nicotine gum . . . sugarless and nicotine free . . . gum. AND the ride home was . . . perilous. Man, a backpack full of groceries and a large thermos of water . . . too much for my neck, back and arms. And my lungs started to give out and the heat . . . it was bad. BUT . . . I did it! I good size trip. I'm getting back into some kind of shape. Old Man shape . . . but shape. 

WEDnesday, October o3, 2o18
A bit groggy today. Did get out on the bike just a little . . . took the camera with me. Was planning to go up on Valore's roof, have lunch take some shots from three stories up . . . but they were closed. So, went to Kong's Tavern instead. Haven't been in that space since it was Font's back in the 70s/80s. Not bad burgers and fries. Kong's may well be the biggest single floor bar in town.

My neighbor is extremely cute and of course way too young for me. She bought some shoes from Journey's and was a bit frantic when I came home from riding the bike. "Could you do me a BIG favor?" Her voice was so sweet. "Of course!" "We'll, I gotta go to work and they are shipping my shoes sometime today because they deliver until 8pm . . . " she seemed to be close to tears. "Would you like me to keep an eye out for your package and make sure it gets to your door?" "Would you?! Oh, I have to give you something for doing that . . . How about a beer?" I had to laugh. She was being so kidlike. 

SUNday, October o7, 2o18

Well, as you see I didn't write as much as I promised (again!) but I got a great excuse.  Went on Thursday, I think it was, and got the super-duper flu shot for old people and the "bigger and  better" pneumonia hot and . . . was sick as hell for two days! Chills, fever! My right arm where they put both shots in? Man, the bicep ached like I got in a flinching contest with Muhammad Ali. My whole body ached ALL night so I didn't sleep at all . . . lost my appetite. It was awful. So, I'm cutting this entry down and going back to bed. ({smiles}

No comments:

Post a Comment