Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween October 31, 2018 wk o4


Happy Halloween everybody! I'm not going to write a lot this morning but I did want celebrate this Halloween Day with you . . .
I don't remember when I became a full fledge Halloween lover . . . but it was early on. Horror movies! I think that was my gate way into becoming a Halloween junky and THAT fascination with the dark-side of human nature began real early in my life somewhere around 6, 7, 8 years old, I think. During the summers my sister and brother would go up Aunt Ella And Uncle Ace's horse ranch up in Victorville, CA. I'd go sometimes, but mostly I was a city sort of boy. I didn't like the desert all that much. What I did like was being left alone at home in Lynwood, CA on Friday and Saturday nights so mom and dad could go work part time jobs in local beer bars. That's when I discovered horror movies. Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy . . . all the Universal monsters became my babysitters. And there were also those movies of the 50s that really scared the heck out of me . . . Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Thing From Another World . . . all those creepy, scary monsters . . . they were my friends, my siblings. And the heroes! They, they were my heroes too. They protected me from those things that make you hide under the covers. 

So, it's just a natural transition from lover of horror to lover of Halloween! Everything Halloween excited be. The costumes, the going door to door, the other little monsters just like me yelling "BOO!" and "Trick or Treat?!" I even wrote a few poems, horror and Halloween poems. And for my last entries for this October blog, I'll leave you with a few of my horror poems. Happy Halloween, all! P.S. If the poems are too small to read, just click on the pic and it will enlarge itself. MAGIC!











































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment