Friday, August 2, 2019

The Daily {W}rite August 2019, wk o1


So, the heat is still a bit heavy out there on my bare arms. But it was cooler today. Driving around in David's car with the windows open (there air conditioner not working) and the breeze felt good on my face and arms. Made me smile a bit. David came up with this cool image . . . when old people forget in mid sentence what they were saying: "Sorry. I feel into that rabbit hole." Ha! funny! Yes, the second time david actually said something funny. The first time? It was a Thursday. {smiles}

We are going tomorrow to some kind of ice castle, or something like a castle at the museum? I'm thinking I better bring at least a hoodie . . . just in case.

Saturday, August o3, 2o19
Well, forget the museum and the "ice castle" exploration. Called David at noon . . lucky I set the alarm today for noon because it was the alarm that woke me up! I probably wouldn't have gotten up at all if had not been for David wanting to go to the museum if for no other reason just to cool off. Anyway, called him. He answered on the fourth or fifth ring . . . "Ghurh . . . not . . . grumble . . . to . . . uuuuuugh . . . get out of  . . . blaaaaaah! bed." "CLICK!" his end of the phone conversation said, and that was that for today.

So, I sitting here headphones on . . . yeah, picked them up along with an 18 foot long cord to hook them up to the TV and wear them while watching TV . . . listening to Joe Cocker compilation album that David bought me a while back. Had forgotten I had it! Which reminds me I need to pick up another 25-30 CD carrying case so I get my "favorite" CDs out of the big case (which holds about a hundred and fifty CDs.) and put them into
something a little more portable.

Cloudy day. The sky draped in a grey bathrobe with warm-white trim. A harmless day. The sky doesn't threaten, warn us of the bad weather to come because there is no bad weather to come . . . It's sleepy weather, dreaming weather, stretching the fantasy legs out and across those colorful, playful worlds that no one may enter with eyes open.

Sunday, August o4, 2o19
Two mass shootings within 24 hours. Whoopie-hoo! Some kind of record, I hear . . .  even for us! We're number one! And of course, the conservatives and the liberals are both saying their nonsense as usual! Now, I do tend to side mostly with liberals on this . . . but even they keep kicking themselves in the balls with  . . . get rid of all the high-capacity magazines! Get rid of ALL the guns! For sure no semi or automatic weapons! Yeah, they don't get that this is a gun country and you're not going to get rid of all the guns, all the weapons of war! But conservatives are worse. I love their trying to shift responsibility off of Trump for all the killings going on. "Well, this liberal or that liberal caused the conservative guy get shot when he was at a softball game!" "Yeah, and this liberal or that liberal . . ." on and on it goes. I admit, I got caught up in a bit. Some conservative clown started on the talking points all conservatives have been mouthing  . . . "No other president has been held responsible for gun violence why should Trump?" Because he has, in public said that 2nd Amenders should use a 2nd Amendment on some one! But that aside, Trump is responsible for doing something about gun violence in America because  . . . he's the fuckin' POTUS! What the hell is a matter with you clowns.

Monday, August o5, 2o19
Enough politics. Today poetry. Need to get to work on the new poem for the "ninja" art project. Torn between a couple of entries. Bu think I'll settle for a shorter piece. Most of the writing has been way too long for a hit and run art project.

Tuesday, August o6, 2o19
Hat today. Ha. I wrote "hat" instead of "hot." It's very hat today. So, if I go out while the sun is up I should wear my straw, well ventilated hot . . . on my head.

Sime days the sadness comes calling. No, phone call to warn me of it's visit. Hell, not even a gentle knock on the door. I'm sitting at the computer working on my blog and then BAM! I'm thinking about that time when you and me were together "forever" and then suddenly . . . you left and I . . . alright! That's enough. Out! Out! Damn thought!

Wednesday, August o7, 2o19
Damn. All day I felt . . . lethargic. Like a lump of conscious mashed potatoes. Ugh. All I want to do is sleep . . . but even that is difficult. I got the Princess and the Pea syndrome. My body cannot get comfortable enough to fall asleep, and it's awfully hot even with the air conditioner on. You got to be sitting right in front of it if you want to cool off at all . . . but the only chair I got . . . a canvas, fold-up chair . . . I can't sit in for too long. Anyway, last day in the first week of August . . . done. And so am I.





1 comment:

  1. Nice, you have a lot of feelings in there. Yes, it is hot. Physical exhausted can be overwhelming when it is hot. Mental isolation is the worst, was that real that David did not go to museum?... Or was that part of your art?


    I try not to get too excited about much, lessens the disappointment when things change.

    I usually can find something else to do. Feeling sad takes so much effort, don't you think it?


    Please do not compare yourself to Mary Poppins. She was "practically perfect in every way❣"
    You are really not that perfect, you melt and contort way too often and that makes you love able and humorous, possibly takented😂

    ReplyDelete