Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Daily {W}Rite June 2o16 WK o2

Thursday,

If I had the flexibility to do so, I would pat myself on the back. I'm very proud the of the fact that I have, in the last few days, really focused on writing poetry, movie reviews, and the blog. Maybe that anti-creativity wall I've been smacking into for the last year or so has finally broke into a billion little pieces. It feels good to write without worry about how it comes out. 

Listening to some of my old music. yes, I shut off the TV and I'm just writing away while listening to Sam Cooke sing his sweet, gentle sounds. Very calming. No, I don't listen to just one kind of music. I got Hendrix, lots of blues, and a killer album, Tales From The Crypt. Oh, don't get all weirded out. I know it's a horror TV show. But it's got a lot of cool, jazz oriented music on the album. All the songs are background/mood movie for the different horror stories they told. The music is really moody, haunting and lovely.
Monday, June 13, 2o16
Haven't done much writing this week. Yesterday was another torturous day for America. Orlando, Florida 50 killed and 50 wounded in another mass murder . . . excuse me . . . terrorist attack . . . no, a hate crime. Okay, so maybe it's a combination of all three.  People are upset yelling for gun control laws again . . . freaking out again on Facebook. And I don't think I can blame them. There's a lot of rage over this "mass murder." And there's a lot of frustration too. But we keep covering the same road when it comes to solving this big problem, and the road always turns into a dead end. Why? Politics, I guess. Or maybe it's just no one has a clue what to do to resolve the "situation." And there's where my frustration starts. No one is capable of solving this problem because they can't get on the same page. Look, the political Right and Left need to work together and get the job done. How? Hell, I don't know. Hell, I may well be as big a part of the problem as the suits in Congress.









No comments:

Post a Comment