Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The Daily {W}rite July 2019 wk o4

I thought about trying to be more  . . . straightforward with my writing on the blog. What does that mean? Well, perhaps less poetic and surreal  . . . a dash more realism. Instead of talking in metaphors, similes, and the occasional allegory, I might just write more . . . naturalistic? See? How hard it is to label your creative will. There are people reading my poetry online who just don't have any idea what my poetry is about:

I ask my eyes politely, please close.
Let me sleep . . . if not forever
for at least an hour or two.
Let my mind rest upon all those
shadows haunting my past
that haunt my consciousness,
please let me sleep away as in
a drunken stupor 'til the day
arrives with its warm stare
peeping through the window blonds.
I don't ask much, do I . . . my eyes?
I don't ask you to go blind to all
this . . . this mess of humanity that tries
to break the back crumble the will, crown
darkness, make it the king of the world.
I don't ask for that, for anything other than
one night, one quiet night of dreaming that
won't make me wish not to open you again.

So, my Facebook friends read this and all the get from this is a desire to help me sleep. "Oh, you should try Melatonin." "How about some warm fucking milk?" By the names! What the fuck is wrong with these people? I write a poem, I soul search a poem and all I get is recommendations for possible sleep aids! Oh, brother! But that's the poetry game for you. Yes, you want people to say more than I like your work." I actually want them to read it and say something . . . inspiring about it . . . but they don't. And you, the writer of poetry, can't really say anything about it because . . . well, people are allowed their opinion . . .even if their opinion sucks dirty socks!

Thursday, July 25, 2o19
The Hospital from HELL!
Nope. That's all I'm saying about it because it's David's story.

So, on a brighter note . . . things are mellowing out a bit for me. My anxiousness, my anger . . . a bit more under control. Well, control is not the right word, is it? It's not about control . . . it's about transforming, reinventing your emotional response system. Focusing all those negative feelings in a more positive way. Hmm. More work needed on this . . . more than that . . . it's a constant need to work on it . . . changing by allowing myself to change.

Friday, July 26, 2o19
July seems like a very long month this year. But as soon as we get through it and we hit August I'll be saying, "where did the year go?"

Yesterday David and I went to the doctor's office for his hip replacement tune up. I don't know why I called it a tune-up . . . David said that they told him that the doctor found out that the implant was made of . . . I don't know . . . some kind of metal that could become radioactive and that they need to check and see if his implant was deteriorating, and if it was they needed to replace it and . . . Holy Fuck! Anyway, what I was going to say was as we drove down Jenkins, I saw this girl in dirty jogging clothes, crumbling tennis shoes, and mismatched socks! She was standing on the corner with her mountain bike waiting for the light to change . . . and she was sweating like a Hamm's beer can in a Oklahoma summer . . . and she was breathing heavy . . . I took that to mean she'd be out in this heat a while and was riding the bike . . . I mean, hardcore riding it looked like to me . . . And I think to myself . . . why ain't I out there, riding my ass off? Hell, never gonna get rid of this barrel shaped gut if I don't get out and ride! So, thanks, girl, for giving me at least enough inspiration to at least think about getting in shape.

Saturday, July 27, 2o19
Guess what? I started an actual movie review for Once Upon a Time . . . in Hollywood. Yes! Finally got up the creative nerve to write about the movie I saw yesterday . . . but I probably won't finish it until tomorrow because after a couple of hours writing, I decided to get out on the bike and ride a bit. Gone for two and a half hours! No, not riding the whole time but probably spent at least an hour and forty-five minutes riding . . . outside . . . in the . . . HEAT!

Sunday, July 28, 2o19
Well, the bike ride was a success for me . . . but today . . . damn, took a lot out of me. Yeah, riding the bike in the Oklahoma heat . . . that's my private succubus.  Just sucked the energy out of me. Didn't even wake up until noon today. But did do some writing on the review for Once Upon a Time in . . . Hollywood. Well, at least enough writing that I decided to start rewriting it . . . tomorrow.

Still, need to keep getting out and riding the bike. Not going to lose weight sitting on the couch, a lot of time in a chair on the computer . . . used it or . . . get fatter. More to come.

Wednesday, July 31, 2o19
Well, last day in this July month and . . . I've hardly wrote anything. I hate to say it . . . but the sun these last few days? Tired me out. Okay, I know. I should not say anything about age BUT . . . used to be I could take this heat. Hell, at 63 (8 years ago) I just moved back to Oklahoma and living in OKC and it was like 110-120 degrees outside and I rode the bike all over the place, Penn Square Mall. hell, even a trip on my 63rd b-day, and I made it back and forth with just a little discomfort. But I'm 71 now. The sun and me are no longer friends. I may have to adopt the same vampire life David seems to love: stay out all night sleep all day. Well, good night, friends. Enjoy the moth of august! {smiles}





No comments:

Post a Comment