Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Daily (W)Rite November WK 1

Sunday

Happy Halloween! yeah, I know, I'm late, but I did have a good time on Halloween, my favorite time of the year. Not much Trick or Treat going on in my neighborhood, but there were a lot of high school and college kids dressed up and out on the Corner! AND . . .there was . . . Rocky! Yep, god old
Rocky Horror Picture Show was showing at the old Sooner Theatre! LOTS of crazy dressed people of all ages there. A lot of them dressed for Rocky and a lot, a lot dressed up for Halloween! It was a Time Warping blast!
David had never been before and I had gone a few times but not many. This one is held at the Sooner every Halloween. I remember when it played every weekend Saturday nights) at midnight at the old Satellite Theater at the Stubbeman Village in



Norman Town.  Anyway, there were tons of people there! I was so excited. I grabbed my camera up and just started shooting everybody! Unfortunately, a lot of them didn't come out very well because it was too dark in the movie theatre and I refuse to use a flash. But a few really came out rather good and the ones that didn't I was able to play with a little on the photo editing site so the night wasn't a waste. I saw an older couple, maybe in their sixties, and I asked myself, "What the hell are those old people doing here?!" Then I realized, painfully so, that they were no older than me. I laughed. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Like I said, it was a great time. We danced The Time Warp, threw rice at Brad and Janet during the wedding scene, sang There's a Light and waved glow sticks in the air . . . much fun.

Monday, November o4, 2o14
A rainy night in Norman town. I should say, a rainy morning in Norman Town because it's 1:30 AM. I should be going to bed pretty soon. I need to get up and go vote in the morning which is sort of laughable because Oklahoma is a locked up red state, and there's no way in hell that we are going to change that. Seems like a waste of time to go out and vote Liberal when the majority of voters in OK are so dam right wing.

My depression seems to level out a bit when it rains. Not sure why that is. For some weird ass reason I find a steady, hard rain rather comforting. Life seems less oppressive when it rains. That gentle sound of raindrops dripping off the eaves, rain banging against the windowpane, Nature's lullaby.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment