Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Daily {W}rite April 2020 wk. o2

You know, I'm not a big fan of talking my politics on this blog. I don't know why. I suppose that this blog needs to be more about my everyday life and not some political philosophy that is only important to me and has nothing to do with anyone else. But today, Bernie decided to drop out of the race and give Biden the go-ahead. And I'm glad he did. And it appears he's not taking his marbles and going home. He plans to be a part of Biden's campaign. And that's damn good too because we need him and his followers. But his followers. They're very upset that Bernie quit. they are mourning their loss . . . but are they? I've come to the conclusion that most people aren't as supportive of our democracy, not as supportive as they are about their own feelings. Their not sad for Bernie as much as they are sad for themselves. Ego. just that . . . ego. They're pissed or sad because they didn't get what they wanted, and all they wanted was to WIN! Not Bernie, but each individual supporter of Bernie wanted their voice to be heard . . . and that's okay . . . but it's more like they wanted to be the boss. Why? because they have "great" ideas for America? No, because they have great ideas for themselves. They don't really care about anything except winning . . . not for the country, for the Constitution of the United States, not for the Bill of Rights . . . but for their individual selves. Does that remind you of anybody?
Saturday, April 11, 2o2o 2:10 a.m.
Yes, I have slid past Friday without writing even a scribble on the blog. I'm a child with a boo-boo and refuses to do anything other than camp out on the couch and nurse my sore being. Every part of me hurts. My mind doesn't believe it . . . and all day my body keeps reminding my mind . . . we just went through a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and it really hurt this time . . . asshole.

2:00 p.m.
1.  I keep thinking about all the troubles going on in the world and try to do something about it and find that at least in this moment . . . there's not much I can do. But I also know that I will continue to try because that is what I'm meant to do.
2.  Reality is that which we experience whether it's real or not.
3.  Dreams are as real as the waking dreams we dream.
4.  I'm not an expert on anything. Which makes me an expert on everything.
Choose to be . . . that's all the choice you need to make.
5.  Beyond here is there. If you go there, it becomes here and you can look back and see there where you were before.

Sunday, April 12, 2o2o
Cold world outside my door. Cold . . . both physically and metaphorically. The TV keeps telling me through its PSAs that I should NOT under any circumstances leave my apartment. If I need groceries, have someone whose not categorized as being "elderly." Yeah. I'm elderly. And according to the PSA, IF I even dare to go to the grocery store . . . I'm a dead elderly.

My friend David Slemmons is running for Congress! Wow! I went with him to the capital to file. I was calling it "enlisting" but all my friends reminded me that's not a proper term. The proper way . . . He filed, he's filing. No, not enlisted. That would mean he was going into military service . . . and I guess . . .  he really is.

Tuesday, April 14, 2o2o
Again. Another day missed writing on the blog. But no excuses. Yesterday. The blood count was high enough that I didn't need a blood transfusion. However, my platelets were low . . . so, I did go back for a twenty-minute transfusion of platelets. Here's some funny stuff about my cancer treatment. I had blood drawn Thursday and Monday . . . and I got a call today that my blood vile of blood got lost! I know. They lost my blood. I fantasized that my blood wasn't lost . . . it was stolen by blood pirates. Why? Why would someone steal my corroded blood? Because someone found out that my bad blood was bad but was the only blood that could KILL COVID-19. So, the took my blood to a secret lab so they could make a cure to save the whole world. Okay, that's probably . . . probably not true. The probably . . . no, they lost it. Anyway, here's my blog for the week. Maybe next week I'll have more to say.  {smiles}











No comments:

Post a Comment