Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Daily {W}Rite 2o16 April WK o2


Sunday, April 1o, 2o16
Friday my sister and niece joined me for Art Walk. Always a lot fun to walk around Main St. and see the art, the different vender's stalls, the street bands.  But extra special to go with people who haven't been before, watching them enjoy the walk around. Particularly interesting was watching my sister around the jewelry and knickknack tables.
The wood-carvers' store was maybe her favorite. She bought a carving of a tiger, ( I think that's what it was) and gushed all night about how beautiful it was. Sis was made for Art Walk.

Right now I don't have much to say on the blog. It happens. I'll have a prolific blog one week and the next, not so much. Maybe I'll write something later on tonight.

Tuesday, April 12, 2o16
Went on a road trip to OKC with my sister Judy (pictured above). She had some kind of doctor's appointment and it was nice to get out of Norman-town and go adventuring in the "wilderness." Okay, okay! Oklahoma City isn't the wilderness. But it was an adventure. I don't get out of Norman often. Really. Maybe it's just that I'm old . . . er now'a days, but I have no desire to travel very far from my home. Besides, Norman-town has everything I need close at hand. I have no reason to go beyond the city limits. I know exactly what you are going to say, "Listen, Geriatric Man, you ALWAYS go beyond Norman-town! You go to the movies at the Warren WHICH is in Moore, you senile old fart!" Oh, okay "technically" Moore IS another town, BUT to my mind it's just a suburb of Norman-town. Besides, the Warren is a great theatre, big screens, plenty of seats for MY viewing pleasure . . . so . . . As King of Old Fogeyville, I here by declare Moore and the Warren Theatre a territories of the Norman-town Kingdom.

Sis: Who the heck is singing that song?
Woodie: Oh! I know who that is!
Sis: Who is it?
Woodie" It's oh, it's . . . oh, damn (thumps his head), it's in here somewhere!
Sis: It's Marvin Gaye.
Woodie: No, that's not Marvin Gaye!
Sis: Is it the guy who was shot dead by his father?
Woodie: No . . . that's Marvine Gay . . . I think.
Turns out that it was Jackie Wilson who, yes, was shot at least twice by outraged girlfriends. Shot two different times. However, he died at 45 of a heart attack. His song, Higher and Higher, was playing over the radio in the dermatologist's office. It was replaced with Who Wrote the Book of Love?

Woodie: You remember that song don't you?
Sis: Of course I do. It was my favorite. (Sis starts to hum along). Dog gone it! Who wrote that one? Do you remember?
Before I could say, I don't know, the cute little receptionist called my sister's name and off she went. I picked up the book I brought, About Time: Cosmology and Culture at the Twilight of the Big Bang by Adam Frank.  Just started to get into Einstein screwing everything Newton came up with when he started talking about space-time. Yep, I'm no smarter than Newton 'cause I don't quite get what Einstein was talking about. I stopped reading cause science gives me a headache! I took a few mirror shots in the huge mirror in the doctors waiting room and . . . "Okay, let's go," my sister said as she walked out of the examination room. "Boy, that was fast." "Yes, it was!" Uh-oh! She's pissed.

Me and sis haven't spent much time together. She works a lot at Walmart. But we are getting out now and then to visit, go to a movie . . . do something. We need to do more.

Thursday, April 14, 2o16
Not much writing this week. I know, horrible. I felt a little "under the weather" today. Under the weather. What a strange saying. If you live on Earth you are always "under the weather." I mean, even if you live in a hole 1o miles below the surface, you're still under the weather. Maybe if your an astronaut on the moon, in a spaceship and you got sick then . . . wait . . . especially then you couldn't say, "I'm sick, I'm under the weather," because you would be "over the weather," literally. On that not I will say goodnight and good week and I'll see next time here on The Daily {W}Rite.




No comments:

Post a Comment