Friday, February 8, 2019

The Daily {W}rite February 2019 wko2


I try to like people. I try to accept them as they are with all their faults and all their goodwill or bad will or what you will think of . . .  that makes them the individual that each and everyone of them are allowed to be, should be, honey bees or by your leave. But at times, many times when dealing with "people" individually or as a group . . . it becomes difficult to maintain a positive stance when face to face with them. I try to be "tolerable" but I fail almost every day to not just shun a whole shit load of people. My primary problem with "people" is their dislike and disrespect for me. I mean, no matter what I say there's always someone there to tell me I'm wrong, to belittle me, laugh at me, prove to me that they are my superior . . . and I hate them for it. I refuse to talk to them, ever. No "hi how are ya" not if a nod of my head to confirm that they exist.

Saturday, February o9, 2o19
So, we got home from the movie, Cold Pursuit, around 5pm. The movie was really great. Wonderful script about an ordinary guy who seeks to revenge the death of his son by drug dealing mobsters. Yeah, I know, so what the hell is new about that storyline? Well, they keep saying that all the stories have been told long before any of us were born . . . so, the difference is not in the storyline but in how you tell the story, and man, Cold Pursuit tells a poignant, hilarious black comedy, crime thriller . . . it's really fun to watch.

When I got home finally, out of the nasty cold weather that just beats me into the ground these days, I had lunch that I bought from Wendy's (I know, I know! I gotta cut out the fat creating foods!), eat it and just collapsed. Really, tired, you know? This winter-blunder-land is bullshit! Two things that kill old . . .er people off the fastest . . . really cold weather AND really hot weather! Not a fan of either one, thank you very much. And it's sad, really. When I was younger I loved the Oklahoma heat. Nothing better than getting out on the bike, riding four or more miles and sweating like a pork loin in a BBQ oven! But winter cold, I mean COLD! No, no, no, sir! Not interested in that at all.

Sunday, February 1o, 2o19 
Not that big on blogging about politics. I always like to keep this as my personal journal that I share to all those who want to take the time to read it. But today . . . boy, I was awaken by the TV that I had left on all night. It was tuned to the news and I just listened, half in a dream, half out of a dream . . . the news became a part of sleep . . . and it just pissed me off. I mean, I don't want to go into it too much . . . but the garbage everybody is spewing about this country, both the right and the left, just saddens me to such a despair. Yeah, I get angry about it, too angry about it at times . . . but mostly I just weep for the state my America is in.

Wednesday, February 13, 2o19
Well, I didn't write on this blog yesterday because I was too busy finally finishing up my top ten movie list for 2o18. It was really a chore. I put off writing it for the longest time primarily because I had to write from scratch nine reviews, and a lot of the movies I reviewed happened so long  ago I couldn't remember the details of the movies, why I liked them. That's crazy, right? I mean, if I really loved a film and wanted on my top ten list . . . then I should remember it in detail, right? Yeah, right. But whether I should have remembered details of a movie I watched six or seven months ago or not, I still needed to research some of them for plot, storyline and character names.

11:o7pm
I went out on the bike a bit.  Wasn't quite as warm as I would've liked it, but a long sleeve shirt, jeans, T-shoes and a down hunting vest was enough to keep me freezing . . . but still a bit cold. I couldn't ride far. I  stopped for lunch at the Greek House. They have great Gyro sandwiches. After that, I decided to try a bit of a ride . . .no dice. About a block and I start huffing and puffing. Did have enough lung power to get myself back home, 3 blocks away from where I tired out. Then it was pushing the bike up the stairs to my apartment. Damn. That was hard. Guess I need to go to the doctor and see what's up. Hope I got more lung power  in me so I can at least ride my bike around town.

Valentine's Day
Thursday, 14, 2o19
Okay, I don't celebrate VD day but I can't say I don't enjoy it a bit . . . from a distance. Yes, I print up some original meme's for it, some funny and some not. I did make a "funny" one, based on the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre. But I woke up this morning, turned on the news and realized February 14th is also Parkland's Day of Remembrance for the 17 lives lost during the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school shooting back in 2o18. So, I deleted the "funny" Valentine's Day meme and replaced it with this meme.
I chastised myself for forgetting. I hope no one saw the other meme, the one that when I think about it is not funny at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment