Friday, February 15, 2019

The Daily {W}rite February 15, 2019 wk o3

Well, I did get out on the bicycle yesterday and rode it down to the Speeding Bullitt Comics store, a 1.6 mi trip  . . . one way! Yes, a did a total of slightly over 2 mi. AND I felt pretty good afterwards. The small trip was tough on my lungs though, but it wasn't as bad as it was the day before when I went just 2 blocks away from my apartment before I my lungs started hurting.

So, seventy degrees outside yesterday when I did my "ride"  and setting at thirty degrees right now at 3:31pm this afternoon! Which means I am stuck in the house for at least today. Damn it. The longer I wait to get an exercise routine set up, the longer I'll be  . . . sick? At least that's what I'm hoping.  So maybe today I'll write a few more lines on this entry. Would you like that?

Saturday, February 16, 2o19
Had a rough night last night. My body just wouldn't relax enough for me to go to sleep. Aches and pains, RLS (Restless Limb Syndrome), itchy skin . . . and memories. Yeah, lots of those memories floating about in my head late at night when I'm trying to sleep. Too much of that.

But finally got some sleep. At least just enough for the alarm clock on my phone (yeah, my phone has a clock in it, which is no big deal these days, all the cellphones have clocks and lots, lots more!) to wake me up at 11am. And I felt pretty good even though I had only gotten 2-3 hours sleep. Called David at noon, and then got dressed, brushed my toothess (yeah, I know it's actually teeth), get the nebulizer out and breathed for 10 minutes, and just as I finished getting my shoes on the phone rang:
Woodie: What?
David: I'm ready to go . . .
Woodie: That was fast!
David: Yeah, I showered last night . . .
Woodie: Well, I'm ready to go . . .

Even though we were both layered up, (T-shirt, sweat shirt, the black down jacket and my new Batman stocking cap for me.) it was still cold as hell. The wind just sliced through everything! But we got into the Stella Nova and the coffee was warm . . . hot, actually. I had them put some ice in my "Americano" so I could drank it without burning my lips off! And then . . . off to the store to get supplies, food and such because David is leaving for L.A. on Wednesday and wanted to make sure I had enough food. Sometimes, David seems to be a better friend to me than I am to him {smiles}

Monday, February 18, 2o19
Hey, where in the hell have you BEEN! No Sunday blog entry? What the hell, man! Sorry, but I was sick yesterday. "Yeah sure!" No, seriously I was deadly ill. A cold of some kind. It just laid me out! I did nothing but sleep, wake up and watch TV a bit. Horrible. But I'm back . . . I hope. Still congested, but much better today.

Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2o19






No comments:

Post a Comment