Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Daily {W}rite March 2019 wk o2


Art Walk yesterday after I did a movie with the sister, Captain Marvel. Long story made very short by age, the day, yesterday just about did me and my 70 year old body in. No mas. Phew! Got home crawled up the stairs breathing like a coal train rolling up a steep mountain grade. Oh, brother. Finally got into the apartment and just collapsed like a wadded up paper bag.  Laid on the couch for about 40 minutes or so just trying to get my breathing back to normal.

Oh! The fun part? We ran into an old racist guy siting with his son-in-law, who was selling a book he wrote about the music of the '60s ("rock and roll," the old racist informed us just in case we didn't know it.) I hate it when young people write about the '60s. What the heck do they know about the '60s?

Anyway, David started talking to the old racist and somehow or other as it always is with racists the subject of racism came up. And I tuned out, watching the cute, old . . . er woman walking down the street . . .  most of them dressed in winter garb just it case the night got colder than they . . . "Well, back in the '60s that's just the way it was. I'm telling you the South had a better handle on how to deal with black people than the North ever did . . . " that's kind of what he said, and I laughed before the old racist could finish his friggin' racist remark. "Okay, well, good luck with the writing." David said to the young author selling his book. By the way, David bought one . . . of the guy's books. {huh?}

Sunday, March 1o, 2o19
Some mornings it's a hell of a lot harder to get out of bed than on  . . . other mornings. That's not true. Every DAY it's a chore to find my way out from underneath the covers, to open my eyes. But somehow I do. Today, is a productive, lazy day. I know. A bit contradictive, productive . . . lazy . . . but that's how I'm describing this cloud covered existence we here in Norman-town are experiencing on this "still-life" winter day. Yes, spring is coming. David commented yesterday that though it was still a "bit" chilly during Art Walk last Friday, it was sort of a "spring like" cold and not a winter cold. David should be one of them meteorologists on the TV news. {snicker, snicker}

I'm feeling better than usual these last few days. Even though on Friday I pretty much exhausted myself with not getting much sleep, a matinee showing of Captain Marvel (11:30am) and a vigorous Art Walk, I still feel pretty good. Maybe getting out and pushing myself a bit physically would be a good thing for my rapidly deteriorating health. The phrase use it or lose it is starting to make sense to me. David's been trying to get me to "workout" more at his gym. Maybe I should consider doing that. {smiles}

Monday, March 11, 2o19
I saw a murder of crows chase a hawk away from my neighborhood. Thrilling! What a sight, and the sounds? The hawk said nothing but the crows! They were screaming, yelling as they dive bombed the "helpless" hawk. I had to laugh. I just wonder what the crows would have done if they had actually squared off with the hawk. Well, I believe that the crows were very fortunate to have scared that hawk off with their screams. Brave crows, scaredy-cat hawk.

Tuesday, March 12, 2o19
Aging sky, my eyes watch the march of March across the muddy streets, the wetness of sparrows, the sorrow of majestic hawks degraded by the angry scream of killer crows. White on white on gray dreams, the sound of rain-soaked shoes against the pavement, steady, soldierly strides, a purpose to his movement. Maybe no more than a desire to get home as soon as possible, out of the cold, away from the graveyard day of this third month of this new beginning. Last year this time we talked with Alpacas outside the student union with nothing more on than a t-shirt and shorts and Walmart sandals on our tortured feet.

Wednesday, March 13, 2o19
Deja Vu
So, last night I went to see How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World with my friend Brendan. You may remember the story about me going to another movie a while back with Brendan AND there was someone in the backseat going with us to said movie BUT I didn't KNOW they were in the backseat until we got to the MOVIE! We had a good laugh about that. But this time BEFORE I got into the car I looked through the windows just to be sure . . . and there was no one there, no other person in the back, just the baby seat. Good! So, I got in the front seat, buckled in and off to the movies we went. As we drove along, we talked a lot about the new movie, Captain Marvel, which both Brendon and I had seen last weekend. Yea! was our consensus, and I was just going on and on about all the neat little twists and turns in the storyline. Especially interesting to me was finding out that the Krull were really . . . "Um, we probably shouldn't talk too much about details . . . " I had know idea why Brendan had said that . . . "Huh?" "Well,  Robin hasn't seen it yet." "What the hell difference does it make if Robin . . . " And with a cute little giggle behind it, I heard from the backseat Robin's fairytale voice sing . . . "Hi, Woodie." What the  . . . they did it to me again! Robin dressed totally in a black shroud of some kind was in the backseat all the time! DANG!

2:56am
So, my Facebook account is down. Hmm. Why am I having such a hard time with my account lately? Well, maybe it's for the best. I spend too much time on Facebook than I should . . . don't I? {snicker, snicker}

Thursday, March 14, 2o19
The sun goes down, which it really doesn't do. The night comes in an hour later than just a couple days ago . . . not really. We just set our clocks "ahead" one hour. That's our art. We express the world not necessarily the way the world really is . . . but how we wish to perceive it. Or we force upon it our own image, we create the Earth to our individual specifications,  our ways of life that we say are true, honest . . . but rarely are either. "Life is not always fair." Well, no . . . again. The world is always fair . . . it's we human thingies that are not fair. We create everything. We say the Earth is flat if saying it's flat is an advantage to us, gives us the  "upper hand." We are terrible creatures, we human beings. Even when we do the right thing, it's only because doing the right thing in this moment or that benefits us. As the dominant creatures on this planet, the ones with all the power to make life here a living heaven . . . we suck!

Last day of the week. Hope my typos aren't too bad.









No comments:

Post a Comment