Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Daily {W}rite January 2019 wk o4

I'm sorry that I didn't get right onto the this last week in January blog entry. A couple reasons for the delay. First off, I always wind-up with a shit load more days to write about in the last week of a month. For example, this wk. o4 of January had 10 days in it! Yes! Now that I've bypassed a couple of days, this week's blog will cover only the last 7 days of the week. Yeaaaaaa!
The second reason for the delay . . . well, if you know me, you already know. I was hit pile driver hard with a bout of manic depression. I know, we call it bipolar  . . . something . . . but I prefer Hendrix's phraseology. Anyway, I'm still buzzing from it, shaken from it, still reeling a bit from all the negative energy zapping my brain. I know, breathe in, breathe out. Breath in, breath out.

And there was also the Rally to End Racism on the OU campus. Was suppose to be outside but the weather forced the speakers and the audience into a very cramped ballroom. I had a difficult time taking pics because of the low light. So, I shot in monochrome, which works better in low light than color. It was a good rally, but more of the same rhetoric about how awful racism is, and it is but that's about all anyone said about it that I heard. No one has any real plan to attack and end racism. And I understand that. But how long do we say the same old things and march the same old march carrying the same old signs chanting the same old chants. Need to find another way to get through to people.

10:15pm
I don't want to spend too much blog time talking about racism. Not that I don't think it is an important topic . . . it definitely is. However, all we do is talk about it and in the same way we talk about mass shootings. Yeah, we don't like it when it happens and we want it to stop . . . but we really have no idea of how to do that. How do we change an attitude towards each other based on skin color that has been a part of America even before there was a United States of America? Personally, I don't think it's that tough to be not a racist. I mean, just don't be one. Don't say, do, or even think racist. Treat all American citizens should be treated . . . equals with the same Constitution rights as myself. Easy, right? Like the Bible says, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Easy way to live. Always remember that it is: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." and that it's not: Do unto others  . . . and then split."

Friday, January 25, 2o19
A cop of coffee. The TV . . . off. Just the sound of the space heater's air system rumbling, a steady hum pushing warm air the stove top creates into the living room. Believe it or not, the anxiety I've been feeling all week has dissipated. Good. My body, my mind at peace with each other. Drifting through the universe right now. Mmm. Tacos. I wish the universe, all the physical and metaphysical worlds were made of Taco Bell tacos. Mmm.

5:51pm
So, I'm on Facebook and there's this flash on the left side of the laptop screen . . . OH! An IM. Ong sent me and IM:
ONG: Where you live.
WOODIE: Trout Ave.
ONG: Where the hell is that? So, I gave him "perfect" direction and thirty minutes later I see him getting out of the car. I go down and we yack a while . . . about 30 min. or so and all I got on my feet are my house slippers so I'm getting a bit fidgety, moving my feet around so I can keep the circulation going . . . "Oh, here," Ong says, "this is our newest album. One for you and one for David." That was so cool. Tony Ong is a great rocker. Name of his group is ONG. Look him up on YouTube.

Saturday, January 26, 2o19
My main problem seems to be is I can't take all the bullsh** in without getting just ass-kickin' angry about it. Bill Maher. Bill "WTF" Maher did a rant on his HBO show about Stan Lee, and how people who are adults and still like Marvel comics and all the Marvel superhero movies are morons and should die . . . . ! Okay, there's Achilles heels. One of my friends on Facebook showed Bill's rant on Stan Lee and I just can't handle it without getting all red face pissed off about it. And that's not good. Not good for me or the people I  lash out at when I'm this friggin' angry! Aaaaaaaaugh!

Sunday, January 27, 2o19
Hey! Guess what? I got a hold of David early enough for us to go to a movie! Yep! We saw the movie Stan & Ollie, which is a decent enough movie. Really great work on the part of all the actors. THEN, after the movie, David talked me into going to the gym! Yes, I haven't been to the gym in at least two years! And boy, working on my biceps with 10 lb. weights, looking in the big mirror in front of me . . . MAN! Am I ever over weight! I mean, I'm more than Hitchcock FAT! But the workout went good although all I could with two sets, ten reps, of five upper body exercises (arms and chest).
Yeah, that's how out of shape I am. BUT it felt good! No, seriously, I think my body has been wanting me to do something "athletic" for it and it is now extremely thankful to me.

You may think that this day's blog entry has a lot different tone/mood than the one yesterday and . . . you'd be right. But no magical cure has made me happy, maybe the working out helped a bit but . . . I'm just on the up swing of my disease.

Monday, January 28, 2o19
My friend Brandon posted his top ten movie list for 2018. Damn it!  So, now I gotta work extra hard and get mine out tonight. Damn it!

10:18pm
I've got spend more time communing with myself, less time right now trying to fix all the broken people I run into on Facebook and real life. Yeah, more exploration of self, and less judging others, mocking, others.

Well, not going to finish the top ten tonight. BUT I swear . . . tomorrow.

"Words, words, words!"
I forgot who said that.
But I vaguely remember
He was bummed out
at the time he said it. 

Tuesday, January 29, 2o19
As is usual . . . sleep dragged itself out of me and hid itself away somewhere in this my apartment. I should hunt it down that sleep of mine. I should hunt it down force it to crawl into my ears and find its way back into the gray matter that houses all that is me. All that is me. That one part, that runaway looking for a new home . . . perhaps more stray dog than rebel. Yes, I deranged, stray dog roaming the streets the dark alleyways, searching for a scent that will send it toward home. I should stand out on the front porch, call it's name. "Here boy! Here boy."

10:34pm 
By the standards my mind and body dictate, this hasn't been a BAD day. An okay day. I couldn't get David out of his house until 2pm. Problems with his bank. Some guy bought a pizza on hos card . . . in Frisco. I asked him what kind of pizza the guy bought. He didn't know. I asked the girl at the bank . . . okay, I shouldn't say girl cause she isn't a "girl" but a relatively higher up mucky-muck so . . . she didn't know either. She is from Alaska. So, I quietly asked her . .  .
Woodie: (whispers) you know the 30 Days of Night/
Mucky-Muck: (whispers) yes.
Woodie: So, it's true. There are vampires in Alaska?
Mucky-Muck: Yeah, but they are way up north. (Woodie smiles. He likes her.)

Thursday, January 31, 2o19
So, I skip a day of writing on the diary blog. I've been feeling  . . . unwell for most of this week. Headaches, body aches and the inevitable mind aches have chewed me up and, not liking the taste, spit me out on the carpet. But no worries . . . I'm just one stain on the carpet amongst a multitude of stains.

But, again, no worries. The brain housing group is working a bit over time correcting all the metaphysical glitches (I don't believe in ghosts, and hope that ghosts don't believe in me) that seem to be automatically popping into my consciousness anytime Life (the lives of others) starts picking on me like we were both back in the 2nd grade. I won't stand for it! You want some coffee? {smiles}See you next month.











1 comment:

  1. I had no idea who you were until I read this. Did not ever realize you sometimes suffer from your creativity. Unfortunate that I spent two weeks manic, off medication, when I experienced you. I have spent 35 years popping a pill so that does not happen again, and I do not miss severe mania, because I am normally optimistically manic most of the time. I do miss people though, and try to get out and about each day. I have a friend of 40 years that I visit . She is blind and in an electric chair. She has some wisdom, occasionally shares it with me. I cannot remember being depressed ever, maybe I just did not know it. So sorry you suffer now and then.

    ReplyDelete