Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Daily {W}rite August 2018 wk o2


Sometimes you have to shake hands with the monster. Unnerving? A bit. A tiny bit because you're never quite sure how he will react to your open hand moving towards him. I mean, He is a monster after all. I mean, I was told that, mother and father always told that that in the  rhyme my parents and I  uttered every night as we knelt beside my bed:
Now I lay me down to sleep / I pray the Lord my soul to keep / If I should die before I 'wake / I pray the Lord my soul to take . . . Amen.
Mom would tuck me in, and secretly whisper in my ear a final warning, "Be wary of him . . . of it. That thing that exists inside your head." The thing inside my head. Not in the closet or under the bed, not hiding beneath the neatly folded socks in my underwear drawer . . . but inside myself.

THURsday, August o9, 2o18
Today . . . It snuck up on me while I slept. I don't like that. I've suspicious of the sun. I mean, what is doing when I'm asleep? Plotting is my guess. The sun is the perfect politician . . . always smiling at you while all the time killing you with its radiation, turning human skin to leather.  A murderous fiend that we worship.
 "The America we know and love doesn't exist anymore. Massive demographic changes have been foisted on the American people, and they are changes that none of us ever voted for, and most of us don't like ... this is related to both illegal and legal immigration.
Laura Ingraham (Fox News)

Sunday, August 12, 2o18
MSNBC had the quote above plastered across the TV screen. When I woke up, this was the first thing I saw BEFORE coffee! "The America we know and love doesn't exist anymore." Weeeeeeeeeeell, yeah, it still exists. We still have racism, gender bias, homophobia, anti-immigration . . . THAT really hasn't change. As my friend, David Slemmons, keeps pointing out to me, The Constitution to the United States was written by landowning "White Men" and the Bill of Rights was written for them and no one else." Okay, I buy into that. Yes, written by "White Men" FOR "White Men." BUT  it no longer refers to only the "White Man", it applies to ALL American citizens. And that's what's bothering Ingraham. The "White Man" is losing his power over other American citizens and he don't like that one bit.

Note: I didn't get much written this last wk., but I plan to try harder in the coming weeks. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment