Sunday, July 8, 2018

The Daily {W}rite July, 2018 wk o2

SUNday

   The beginning of a blog's week is always the easiest due primarily from the guilt the writer feels for not writing an entry for each day in the week before on a blog that is titled: The Daily {W}rite. That may well be the "writer's" most powerful muse, guilt.

I dream you up inside a paper cup/drowning in the kitchen sink./Days are swollen but she walks about,/a crippled pilgrim heading south.A sparrow from her pocket,/lets him stroll around the grassy knoll./It never flies away, scared of heights/and though she sanctifies the morning skies/never budges more than a foot or so from home./And we all wonder as we wander pass/this Lady Spirit of the past who refuses/the comforting hand a stranger may offer./And we’re left alone, standing there alone/ upon that grassy knoll with nothing,/with nothing but the thought of coffins.

   Above, is a poem I'm just beginning to work on. Well, that's not exactly precise. The above "rough idea" was typed out, and then abandoned when I had know idea what to do with it. It just sat on my hard drive until last night when I accidently found it while searching for the missing New Poems 2018 file. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you didn't read the last entry in last weeks blog post. Shame on you. {smiles} Anyway, I can't remember what frame of mind I was in when I jotted down this peculiar (what seems to me as peculiar now because I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote it) thought. {shit eating grin}

MONday, o7-o9-18
Yes, I did nothing today. But maybe . . . tomorrow? The big plan is to get up at 9:30, out the door by no later that 11:30 AND bike myself over to the Regal to see Ant-Man and The Wasp. Will I? I don't know. It's gonna be 89 degrees tomorrow. That's not hot, really. But not sure I can bike that far (4 miles up, 4 miles back) although I did it all the time when I was younger. But I gotta at least try to get out on my own.
Here's what happened to get me to this decision: I was suppose to go see A&W with my friends David and Vickie. Got the times sent to everyone . . . and then David said he wasn't feeling well so he bailed. No, worries because Vickie would be interested in going . . . I thought. But she IM'd me saying she wanted ALL of us to see it at the same time. We should wait until David is well enough. Okay,  but then David IM's us back and says me and Vickie should go anyway . . . "Look," I typed, "let's just wait until you're well, David." So, okay no movie. No big thing. Well, after I thought about it for a while . . . it was a very big thing to me. I wanted to go see the fucking movie (sorry Timothy)! But I couldn't go because I don't own a car and I don't have a driver's license. It got me to thinking: I don't do shit (sorry Timothy) without my friends. I need to be a bit more independent. So, tomorrow I go to the movies by myself. Power to the Woodie!

THURsday, June 12, 2o18
So, I know what you've been waiting to find out . . . did I go to see Ant-Man and the Wasp? The answer is . . . YES! . . . NO! "What the HELL kind of answer is that!" I'll explain if you watch your profanity for the sake of reader Timothy Croom who hates "bad" language.

Actually, I got up Tuesday morning with the confidence of my convictions that I WOULD ride the bike over to the Regal  . . . but . . . two cups of coffee later, I really decided . . . it was too damn hot out there for me to take the chance that I could ride the bike to and back from the Regal without suffering heat stroke. So, I did not keep my solemn promise to the reader and myself that I would see A&W. And I was ashamed. And in the middle of my chastisement of myself, the phone rang:
David: (on phone) You up?
Me: (on phone)Yep.
David: Want to go see the bug movie?
Me: Oh, heck yep!
So, I did go with David and, yes, I witnessed "the bug movie" and it was wonderful!

2:41pm
Spent a lot of the morning watching the hearings concerning Peter Strzok bias towards "That White Guy Who  is NOT a women But Living in the White House". What a fiery day of back and forth insults and insinuations!  I can never go be questioned in front of  a senate committee. Man, I'd be cussin' up a storm and kickin' some ass on those bullshit senators. Hell, I'd be in jail before five minutes of sitting in that chair facing those bastards!

I'm sipping mildly warm coffee as I type this blog entry. Chewing nicotine gum too, which I need to give hard thought time to quitting for good. But that thought lasted as long as I would in a senate hearing.

SATurday, July 14, 2o18
Just siting here listening to Fever Ray and working on finishing up this week's blog entries. Guess what yesterday was . . .?

Yep! Friday the 13th! Or if you like:  Friggatriskaidekaphobia Day.



I know! How the hell do you say that word?! To tell you the truth, I haven't quite got my tongue around it yet. But if you Google, friggatriskaidekaphobia pronounce, you'll get a verbal tutorial on how to say it. Anyway, I was rather shocked to find out there IS an actual phobia connected to Friday the 13th. Yes, some folks are so afraid of bad luck, something bad happening to them that they won't even go out of the house on Friday the 13th. But not me. These days Friday the 13th is more of a mini Halloween, a day to celebrate the supernatural, the bogeyman and all those things that go bump in the night . . . and during the day. All this change from fear of the day to the celebration of the day is due to one thing, the movie Friday the 13th. Yep. Friday the 13th added the monster to a day of just "bad luck."

1:20am SUNday
I just wanted to write one more little bit of an entry before I put this to sleep and post it. I'm failing myself, giving myself an F for living. I was okay for the C- I was receiving since the first term of my life . . . but a fucking F (sorry Timothy) when I've got 70 years of experience under my consciousness belt? This is NOT acceptable. I must try harder to live . . . well . . . and change that grade to an A++++ [smiles} P.S. The picture I took this last Art Walk. I'm not sure what these ladies were doing but they were having fun taking selfies while posing in front of paintings and statues or just walking around Main St. Okay, that's it, that's all I got 'cause I gots no more! 






1 comment:

  1. ❤️ You are so very "hard on yourself"!! Regal is not a jaunt to reconcile your lack of being independent with❣Walking would be good, you could start early, take water and I could go with you carrying an umbrella over your head for shade. I have seen it often on campus, woman, wife, child, whoever, walking with a man holding an umbrella over his head, rain or shine. I did not ever do that, however I am a fast learner😎

    ReplyDelete