Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Daily (W)Rite January 2o15 WK o1


The Daily (W)Rite
wk o1
Sunday
Yes, we made it through and into another year! I'll turn 67 in May. Did I make any resolutions? Just one, to be more creative. I want to start writing again. I know, I keep saying that. But it's time for me to start being that artist I keep saying I am. I plan to spend most of this day getting stuff together in order to start my artistic journey . . . tomorrow. Yep, that's right, I said it. Tomorrow I start being the poet. Not that I haven't been the poet all along. I just want to start working at, like a job, a wonderful job that's all about me and this . . . this . . . this existence I try to live in . . . through . . .  as it continues to wegh me down a bit with its machinery. Tomorrow is a Monday. Always exciting to start any trek . . . on a Monday. {smiles}

Monday, January o5, 2o15
I have very strong political opinions. You may not know that about me because I do talk politics a lot, but I rarely get more involved than just that, talking about it. I'm not an activist, not like some of my friends. I don't do anything, no marching, no letters to the editor. Hell, very rarely do I write my Representatives. I'm a revolutionary . . . in sound only, and most times I just yell at myself or the TV about the cruelty of the political machine!

However, I did get riled over a state bill that is being voted on tomorrow, I think, Senate Bill #13! This bill is being introduced by State Senator Don Barrington, and if it passes it would forbid the wearing of hoodies in the State of Oklahoma. There would be a few exceptions to the law, however. If you used a hoodie to cover your head when it's REALLY cold . . . that would be okay. If you used a hoodie to cover your head because of "religious" reasons . . . that would be okay too. It's also okay to wear a hoodie as a part of a costume for Halloween or on stage in a play and . . . are you laughing yet? Senator Don Barrington isn't laughing at all. He believes that NOT wearing hoodies will cut down on crime. Yes! CRIME! I'm not going to question the senator's sincerity, but I really don't believe an anti-hoodie law on the books will stop crime.  I'm more concerned with the open carry law Oklahoma has. Yeah, I'm more afraid of guys walking around with guns strapped to their hips like they live in the old west. I'm afraid of guns; I'm not afraid of clothing.

So, I wrote a few e-mails to my state reps. and made this rather ostentatious poster {above}to put on Facebook. And I talked to a few people about writing some e-mails to their reps. . . . well, I don't think I'm Che Guevara or anything . . . but I do feel like I actually DID something for a change, ANNNND . . .  I liked it!












Tuesday, January o6, 2o15
Ugh! Sinus infection. That's bad, but even worse? It's been recurring on a regular basis since January of 2o14! Man, it's killing me! The inside of my left nostril is swollen so much the outside edge of my nose is swollen too! Hurts like hell on the bridge of my nose if I put even a pair of sunglasses on. Made a doctor's appointment for Friday, but the pains so bad and I can't breathe. Cancelled the appointment and I am going to Classen Urgent Care next door to get this fixed.  it's scaring me a bit. I've had it treated with steroids, antibiotics. It heals for awhile but it comes back within a month or so. Not sure what it is. Oh, well, I'm sure it'll be alright. I just hate putting out more money!

No comments:

Post a Comment