Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January, The New Daily (W)Rite, 2o14 Wk 3


The Daily (W)Rite

Wednesday, 1-15-14
   Yes, I know. I haven't written a bit on this blog since the first week of January. And yes, I am aware that I "promised" I would write "everyday." Well, I have been sick. Sinus infection that acquired during the coldest days of the new year. AND after that I came down with a cold. Again, the sinuses all clogged up. But now I'm over all that . . . I hope.

   But if I'm being honest here, it wasn't just the sickness that kept me from writing. No. I just haven't felt much like writing anything including poetry. I don't know? Laziness? Or just not having any thing worthwhile to write about! That's a real bummer for a "writer." Nothing to say. Or at least, nothing I'd care to express. Yes, I've had another bout with depression. Again, I know. A recurring theme with me. But I'm getting over it.

   I've started (yesterday) going out to a small, out of the way coffee shop called,
The Gray Owl. Love that name. My plan is to go over everyday and write. Well, "practice" writing might be more descriptive of what I'm doing. They got a nice, comfortable old couch by the bay window that I enjoy sitting on and drawing and writing little things in a blank page book I bought over the Christmas holiday for myself. And so far, so good. I'm not accomplishing much. But I am writing. Getting my creative toes wet if I may say such a thing. Anyway, let's start again, shall we? You promise to read and I'll promise to continue to write thing down.  Until tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment